Library and Resource area
Through this section of the Website you will be able to access a lot of our public materials, advice, guidance and other information that we hope will assist you.
Many of our pieces are 'tagged' to help you find information. Look at the top of the reading pane of the page and click on the descriptor 'tag' that best fits the areas you would like to have more information displayed on. The system will then present you with a selection of pages that includes that general theme.
We operate a completely free advice line for organisations and you can call us directly for guidance or information ... no strings attached!
Far more material is available through the library, our archives and of course directly from ourselves. If you cannot find what you are looking for do mail us directly and we'll do our best to help.
If you have something you would like us to feature please let us know by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These pages provide a range of materials that will help develop your understanding and planning for BCM within your organisation. To get you started please check out the links below. We have started with a Business Continuity Primer (link below) which is a good place to start if you are new to Business Continuity
The article above covers getting started with BCM and is aimed at those with little or no prior experience. In a few pages it outlines a 'typical' BCM programme as very simple and easy to follow process. We are currently in the process of producing a complete introductory guide for those new to BCM and this we hope will be available in the next few weeks.
For a lot more material and information please follow the links below:
General BCM, Security and Resilience Listings
- Guidance from Police for a Firearms and Weapons Attack
- Supply Chain Continuity using new ISO 22318 Guidelines
- Global Assessment Report 2015 - Manage the Risks, not just the disaster
- The Ups and Downs of BC Management
- Managing risk, insurance and terrorism - Counting the Cost Guide
- Why only grown-ups should be allowed to use computers.
- Climate adaptation measures and our BCM approach - a user perspective
- The Business Continuity role in adapting to climate change
- Government sets the bar for Cyber Risk with Cyber Essentials
- IPCC 2014 stresses importance of Risk Management in meeting Climate challenge
- Video Animation introducing the Smart Guide to Climate Adaptation
- The future for ISO 31000 | TC 262 Risk Management Survey | Standards
- ISO 31000 Risk management: Shaping the future | Workshop event
- Webcast "The role of Business Continuity & Risk Professionals in addressing Climate Risk
- Webcast "Introducing the Climate Adaptation Programme"
- UK Government Climate Change Risk Assessment
- Defining resilience - Surviving and Thriving
- What is Climate Change? - Video
- What is Climate? - Video
- Glossary - Definitions for Climate Adaptation Concepts